Sunday, February 18, 2018

This Blog Post is the Very Least

Once upon a time, I was sitting in my English class. Everyone was discussing a piece I found really interesting, "I Want a Wife". The rhetoric was mostly the same: women have unrealistic expectations imposed on them as potential spouses. Not only do they have to "take care of (...) children" (539), but they have to deal with the hypocrisy of their entitled husbands. One thing I noticed about the piece is that it got increasingly preposterous in the qualities wives are expected to have, my personally favorite line being "I want a wife who understands that my sexual needs may entail more than strict adherence to monogamy. I must, after all, be able to relate to people as fully as possible" (540).

Anyways, while the discussion was very intriguing, I found myself getting more and more distracted. Why, you ask? Well, I was drinking the best creation of the lunchroom snack bar. I continually sipped the peach mango smoothie -tangy yet sweet, smooth but also rich- as the analysis progressed. Today as I'm writing this blog, its glory is still implanted in my taste buds. Jesus! If only I had that smoothie right now! Also I really miss the cookies from the school store.

1 comment:

  1. I like how we can see your thought process through the whole piece, and good way to incorporate the quotes! I miss the cookies too

    ReplyDelete

Good Old Days

When I was younger, I looked at the teen years with glorious envy. I couldn't wait to have six different classes! With six different te...